Friday, September 9, 2016

Ava DuVernay Praises Ryan Coogler As Perfect Director For Black Panther

black-panther-logo-191924
Image from Comic Book

With her new series Queen Sugar shattering ratings records for its network OWN, Academy Award-nominated filmmaker Ava DuVernay is doing the press rounds and, inevitably, being asked about what might have been if she had taken on Marvel's Black Panther.

DuVernay was rumored to have been Marvel's pick for the job, until the deal fell apart. Later, DuVernay would confirm that she had creative differences with Marvel that led her to exit the project.

Ultimately, though, DuVernay says it seems as though Marvel got the right person for the job.

"I was interested in the first major feature film starring a black superhero. That was interesting to me," DuVernay told WSJ in the video interview seen below, adding that "You have to explore all aspects of a ny directing opportunity and so for me, it wasn't right for me. It's perfect for Ryan Coogler. I mean perfect for Ryan Coogler. Great friend of mine. He's already killing it. Every time I talk to him, I'm just blown away by some of the things they're talking about."

http://comicbook.com/2016/09/09/ava-duvernay-praises-ryan-coogler-as-perfect-director-for-black-/

Image and text from Comic Book

No comments:

Post a Comment