Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Lupita Nyong'o Reveals That Black Panther Will Be About Threats To The Wakandan Leadership


Photo from Entertainment Weekly


This weekend, we learned that Oscar winning actress Lupita Nyong’o will be playing Nakia, a member of the Dora Milaje, in the upcoming Black Panther movie. She’ll be joining star Chadwick Boseman, Michael B. Jordan, the newly announced Danai Gurira, and director Ryan Coogler in the project, and while most of them were careful over the weekend not to reveal too much about the feature, which is still being written, Nyong’O did slip a small synopsis into an interview with Marvel, as reported by Newsarama.

“I can say more than I could about Star Wars,” the actress said when asked about her role in the movie. “I play Nakia, who is part of the Dora Milaje – whom I presume you know is a special forces group from Wakanda. The story of this Black Panther – what I am allowed to say – is that Black Panther’s leadership has been threatened by two foes who come together, and so Black Panther gets the help of the C.I.A. and the Dora Milaje to try and defeat the enemy.”

With Gurira also joining the cast as a member of the Dora Milaje, this synopsis matches the casting announcements that have been made, and seems like a good place to start with our introduction to Wakanda. Boseman has said that the strength of the Black Panther is the country that he has supporting him. A plot with his country coming together to protect his leadership would reinforce that strength. However, should Nyong’o be concerned, having shared this information?

“I know. Someone’s going to fire me shortly,” she replied. “I have to shut up now.”


Text from MCU Exchange

No comments:

Post a Comment