Thursday, June 23, 2016

Viola Davis Wanted To Pepper Spray Jared Leto For His 'Suicide Squad' Gift

Viola Davis Emmy Contenders Credit Billy
Blink twice if you need help Viola.
Photo from Variety


From Comic Book Movie:

Jared Leto's method acting on the set of Suicide Squad was one of the more talked about aspects during the film's production, along with the gifts that he sent to some of his castmates, including Margot Robbie, Will Smith, and Viola Davis. While it was previously thought that Davis (who plays Amanda Waller) didn't receive anything from Leto, it's now been revealed she got a box of bullets delivered to her.

"We all got gifts from Jared. I got bullets, in a box," Davis said in an interview with E! Online. The actress said she was properly introduced to Leto out of character at an event for Glamour Magazine. "Before that I was only introduced to The Joker. There was a part of me that wanted to say, and have my pepper spray out, you remember that bullet you sent me? He was completely committed." Despite the tough facade of her character, Davis admitted the gift made her a little uneasy.

"It was a little worrisome," Davis said. "It made you a little bit nervous and I'm pretty tough. You know I got into a few fights when I was growing up...but it scared me a little bit." Bullets seem pretty tame compared to Leto's other gifts to his castmates, which reportedly included rats, a dead pig, anal beads, and used condoms. Despite this, Davis praised Leto's performance in the film along with her other castmates. "Every single person in [Suicide Squad] gets to be completely insane because all the characters are insane. They're bad guys, we're all bad guys."

Suicide Squad releases August 5th, 2016.


No comments:

Post a Comment