Thursday, March 3, 2016

Ghostbusters trailer

Photo from popverse.com.br



I saw the new Ghostbusters trailer today, and I hate to say it but it left me thinking "meh." Not as many laughs as I was hoping from such a funny bunch of women and also Patty's character gave me pause. New Republic puts it well:


The new Ghostbusters is directed by Paul Feig (Bridesmaids, The Heat, Freaks and Geeks), who has a pretty good track record working with hilarious women. Though it would have been nice to see Leslie Jones play a scientist alongside Melissa McCarthy, Kristen Wiig, and Kate McKinnon—and not the street-smart friend...


Previews can be hit or miss though, still hoping the movie redeems itself. Check out the link for the preview:

Ghostbusters (2016)


Update:

Other people apparently had my same thoughts in regards to Patty, here's a good write-up from HitFix:

Did the 'Ghostbusters' trailer misrepresent Leslie Jones as a sassy sidekick?

And Salon:

The new “Ghostbusters” and race: Why it matters that Leslie Jones isn’t playing one of the scientists









No comments:

Post a Comment